ChandanaTV-Chandana Asia Pacific Television is a non-profit organization with the main intention of being part of Asia Pacific community. You can be part of this drive, by supporting Chandana Television in numerous forms.
It's a great opportunity for the community to enjoy the program and to be part of the Chandana achievement.
Chandana TV was successfully launched on Sunday 19th Feb 2006 by Sri. Sujan R. Chinoy, Consulate General of India. We are proud to announce that our first official broadcast of Chandana TV program was on TVS – Television Sydney at 4.30pm on Wednesday 22 Feb 2006.
The word Chandana refers to Sandalwood and as we all know Sandalwood has been valued and treasured for many years for its fragrance, carving, medical and religious qualities and here we are with Chandana TV spreading the fragrance in terms of covering and broadcasting the community events and most importantly being part of the community.
Chandana TV was formed by people who believed in community service and know that without volunteer community service, we would not have a strong quality of life. Chandana Asia pacific community Television is a registered non profit organisation. In our last 4 years, we have produced a range of television programs covering segments related to Community Events, Medical and Health issues, Entertainment, Documentaries, Sports, interviews, factual and fictional programs.
Being a non-profit entity, Chandana TV has been involved in a number of fund raising for charity events, flood and disaster relief funds and most notably addressing the concerns of the senior citizens in the society. People working for Chandana TV are volunteers who are generously donating their time, money and their energy for the production and broadcast of these programs.
Some of the popular programs which were produced and broadcast by Chandana TV are
• Icons of Indo-Australian Diaspora – As part of the commitment of Chandana TV to promote activities, features, talents of the Indo-Australian Community. This segment was a showcase to highlight the achievements of people who have taken special interest and excelled in the field of arts, culture and sports.
• Medical and Health segment with interviews with medical professionals, eminent surgeons covering a range of health issues like diabetics, heart problems, stroke and most importantly the advice from the medical issues on preventative measures
• Community problems such as alcohol, drug and gambling problems
• “Luminaries of Sydney”: Meet the artist – Interviews with renounced artists
• Entertainment section covering dance, drama, popular film songs
• Annual Community events such as Indo-Australia Fair, Diwali celebrations at NSW Parliament House, Diwali at schools and Parramatta Park.
• National day celebrations such as Indian Independence Day, Republic Day celebrations major cities of Australia.
• ChandanaTV participated in meeting of Indian associations in Australia and participated in Interactions with the Australia India Parliamentary Group held at the High Commission of India, Canberra.
Chandana TV is now being broadcast both in Sydney and Melbourne and has completed by Dec 2009 more than 500 hours on air since its inception.